Robertson Morris has been retained to provide expert testimony in the field of property and casualty insurance.
We are well-positioned to provide expert witness services with respect to:
- policy wordings
- loss control
- market conduct
- replacement cost valuations
- broker conduct
Peter Morris has been accepted as an expert witness by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and has provided expert evidence at an arbitration hearing in Alberta. Peter has provided expert reports for cases in Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Alberta and the State of California.
Examples of cases for which expert witness services have been provided are:
- dispute between brokerages regarding the ownership of customised insurance wordings
- civil suit involving the coverage options on a vacant property
- wrongful dismissal triggered by broker misconduct
- coverage denial due to the alleged applicability of a policy exclusion
- coverage denial from an alleged misrepresentation at the time of application
- coverage denial from an alleged failure to disclose a material change in risk
- alleged violation of a contract agreement by a broker regarding non-solicitation of former clients.